Saturday, January 23, 2010

BooMama's Fudge Pie

3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 stick butter, melted
2 well-beaten eggs
1 small can evaporated milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients, making sure to thoroughly combine the dry ingredients before adding the butter, eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Pour mixture into a pie shell, and bake for 35-40 minutes. When you remove the pie from the oven, it will still be a little jiggly. Let stand for 15-20 minutes before cutting. Serve with vanilla ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to try this! No worries--I wasn't trying to make it for National Pie Day. Do you remember Becca Ahrens (now Bushong)? She and her family are coming to visit next weekend, and I thought I might just have all these ingredients. Of course, I may just have to make it today for a trial run. I love all these receipes by the way.

    ReplyDelete